The courses app deals with the accesing course information, the sharing of courses, and the rendering of the course/all course pages.
- class courses.views.CourseDetail(**kwargs)¶
View that handles individual course entities.
- get(request, sem_name, year, course_id)¶
Return detailed data about a single course. Currently used for course modals.
- class courses.views.CourseModal(**kwargs)¶
FeatureFlowViewfor loading a course share link which directly opens the course modal on the frontend. Therefore, this view overrides the get_feature_flow method to fill intData with the detailed course json for the modal.abs
SharedCourseViewfor analytics purposes.
- get_feature_flow(request, code, sem_name, year)¶
Return data needed for the feature flow for this HomeView. A name value is automatically added in .get() using the feature_name class variable. A semester value can also be provided, which will change the initial semester state of the home page.
- class courses.views.SchoolList(**kwargs)¶
- get(request, school)¶
Provides the basic school information including the schools areas, departments, levels, and the time the data was last updated
Generates the full course directory page. Includes links to all courses and is sorted by department.
- courses.views.course_page(request, code)¶
Generates a static course page for the provided course code and school (via subdomain). Completely outside of the React framework purely via Django templates.
- courses.views.get_classmates_in_course(request, school, sem_name, year, course_id)¶
Finds all classmates for the authenticated user who also have a timetable with the given course.
- courses.utils.get_sections_by_section_type(course, semester)¶
Return a map from section type to Sections for a given course and semester.
Return True if all sections are filled beyond their max enrollment.
- class courses.serializers.CourseSerializer(*args, **kwargs)¶
Serialize a Course into a dictionary with detailed information about the course, and all related entities (eg Sections). Used for search results and course modals. Takes a context with parameters: school: str (required) semester: Semester (required) student: Student (optional)
Flag all eval instances s.t. there exists repeated term+year values. :returns: List of modified evaluation dictionaries (added flag ‘unique_term_year’)
Return percentage of course capacity that is filled by registered students.
Given course data, search for all occurrences of a course code in the course description and prereq info and return a map from course code to course name for each course code.
- class courses.serializers.EvaluationSerializer(*args, **kwargs)¶
- class courses.serializers.SectionSerializer(*args, **kwargs)¶
- class courses.serializers.SemesterSerializer(*args, **kwargs)¶
Returns a dictionary of a section including indicator of whether that section is filled